The Bachelor in Management & Technology offers a combination of management studies with a minor from an engineering/natural sciences field. This mixture equips graduates with a unique level of expertise at the interface between management and technology, which is in high demand on the job market as our corporate partners confirm.
This interdisciplinary degree program is perfect for all students who are pursuing a business-related career but also have an interest in technical aspects. The day-to-day curriculum of a management degree is enhanced by exciting technical subjects. This approach also raises the bar in terms of difficulty, with a sound understanding of mathematics and natural sciences among the main requirements. But the effort definitely pays off in the end! Here are some benefits:
- You are perfectly trained to work at the interfaces between departments, because you understand the language and approach of engineers
- The TUM School of Management enjoys an excellent reputation – across Germany as well as internationally
- Highly engaged student body with lots of student initiatives
- Innovative, practice-oriented teaching approach, seminars and tutorials in small groups
- Unique opportunities for founders at TU Munich
The curriculum is absolutely unique in its current form across Germany. There is an option for completing the entire program 100% in English (alternatively 60% German/40% English). The prescribed period to earn the Bachelor is six semesters. Afterwards, you have the chance to apply for the consecutive Master in Management & Technology.
Want to learn more? Find all the details on our page for prospective students and submit an application.
During the course of the program, you have a choice between six engineering/natural sciences fields:
- Electrical and Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Renewable Resources
- Medicine – Newly Added for 2019/20 Winter Term
Additionally, you have the opportunity to sign up for elective modules from an economic sciences and technical background. Your choices are rather unrestricted, while the program offers the following areas for your technical minor or economic sciences focus:
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Marketing, Strategy & Leadership
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Economics & Policy
If you have suggestions for new subjects and modules, you can submit them to the faculty using this form.
The degree program also features a so-called project-based course. In this unique format, you and your fellow students will work on your own (sub-)project at a company. This allows you to apply your theoretical knowledge in practice while building important soft skills. Your efforts will be supervised and graded by one of the chairs of the TUM School of Management.
Additionally, you will have ample opportunity to spend a semester abroad through the university-wide exchange program TUMexchange, as well as faculty-specific partnerships and the Erasmus program. With elective modules in the area of 18 ECTS, it is rather easy to attain credits for your study performance abroad.