Master in Consumer Science (MCS)


The Master in Consumer Affairs (MCA) program is conducted by the TUM School of Management and offers a combination between management studies and social and consumer sciences. Students come from various different countries and academic backgrounds. Graduates of this program are especially interesting for companies, governments, NGOs and research institutions all over the globe that are looking for candidates who, aside from their experiences abroad, understand how consumers operate in certain economic, social and environmental contexts, always against the backdrop of ongoing digitization.

Program Structure

The Master in Consumer Affairs is structured as a full-time program over the course of 4 semesters, with . It is taught entirely in English, although several German language modules are available. Lectures are held at the Campus Weihenstephan as well as the downtown campus in Munich.

Courses over the first and second semester familiarize students with the theoretical and methodical fundamentals necessary for the remainder of the practice-oriented course program. After completing the first semester, students choose a specialization for their second and third semester. The fourth semester is dedicated to writing the Master’s Thesis.


  • Consumers, Technology, and Innovation
  • Sustainable Consumption

The program also provides an option for studying abroad. This includes a Double Degree offered in conjunction with the University of Wageningen in the Netherlands.


Eligible applicants for the Master in Management and Technology have earned a Bachelor’s degree (at least 6 semesters at minimum 180 ECTS) in Management, Business Administration, Macroeconomics, Sociology or an equivalent discipline, or have completed specialized socio-ecologic courses with at least 30 credits in their previous course of studies. Applicants must also pass the regular admissions test.

For Applications involving an exchange semester or the Double Degree, applicants must also complete the admission procedure of the respective partner universities.

For additional information, please visit the faculty website or contact us via email.